Thanks for joining us for our first multi-location event on Sunday, September 23rd, 2012!
12,000 to 15,000 people experienced Open Streets Hamilton in the downtown core AND in the west end and learned how much fun it is to get around the city without a car!
Shuttle buses ran regularly between the two locations, and, of course, you can walk, ride and roll any day along the Waterfront Trail, take a trip on the Waterfront Trolley, or simply hop on the Hamilton Street Railway (HSR) as you explore the city!
Click on the image on the right to view the Guidebook for James Street North!
Open Streets Hamilton: James Street North celebrated it’s sixth event since its inception in June of 2010 – congratulations to all involved! A big thanks to our sponsors for their continued support and encouragement!
Programming along James Street North included:
- Dance lessons & demonstrations by local Hamilton instructors
- Learn about Hamilton’s first Community in Motion awards, celebrating “excellence in active transportation in the community”
- Shoot-To-Win with the Hamilton Bulldogs and put your hockey skills to the test!
- Explore the core – visit downtown Hamilton’s many independent shops, restaurants and galleries from Gore Park to the North End
NEW SITE! Visit McMaster University’s campus, Westdale Village shops and the Ainsle Wood/Westdale neighbourhood at Open Streets Hamilton: McMaster Edition! This new site included a car-free campus with an extended “Open Street” along Sterling Street to Dalewood, showcasing all that this great community has to offer!
Programming at Open Streets Hamilton: McMaster Edition included:
- campus tours
- free educational lectures
- visits to the planetarium
- interaction with student athletes
- celebration of McMaster’s 125th birthday!
Want to give us your feedback? Please complete our participant survey here to give us your suggestions!
Follow the links below for more information:
THANKS TO ALL OF THIS YEAR’S SPONSORS!