Open Streets Hamilton celebrates active transportation methods as a great way to experience Hamilton for residents and visitors alike! We encourage those who can to travel by public transportation (HSR, GO) or by walking, biking, blading, boarding, or rolling down to James Street North!
Directions from MacNab Bus Terminal:
- Exit bus terminal towards Jackson Square (north)
- Turn right at King Street West towards Gore Park (fountain and Queen Victoria statue)
- Walk towards Gore Park and cross at the lights (this area is still open to cars)
Directions from Hamilton GO Station:
- Exit station to James Street South (corner of Hunter and James St. S)
- Walk along James Street towards the YMCA (North)
- Continue North along James until you arrive at Gore Park (fountain and Queen Victoria statue)
Directions from Hwy 403 (westbound from Burlington, Oakville, Toronto):
- Take Main East exit (second Hamilton exit, just after you pass the bay)
- Follow Main Street through the city (east) to James Street (just past City Hall & the MacNab Street Bus Terminal)
- Make a left hand turn onto James (note: James is two ways)
- Parking lots are on the left and right ($2 on Sundays)
- Walk towards to music & tents to arrive at Gore Park!