Rethink the Street.
Open Streets Hamilton is a community-based partnership dedicated
to promoting active, healthy, and inclusive lifestyles by temporarily
transforming streets into a shared space for everyone to experience.
Open Streets Hamilton: Make the Streets your Playground.
Goals of Open Streets Hamilton
- Raise awareness for pedestrian, cycling and other sustainable transportation issues.
- Promote Hamilton’s existing sustainable transportation and recreation trail networks.
- Promote healthy, active forms of transportation (including public transit) to achieve health benefits for individuals.
- Provide tourism and economic benefit to downtown neighbourhoods.
- Showcase services of local community groups and businesses.
- Provide lessons and data to bolster the case for ongoing Open Streets in subsequent years.